How to Give Up Plastic - by Will McCallum (Paperback)
Around 12.7 million tonnes of plastic are entering the ocean every year, killing over 1 million seabirds and 100,000 marine mammals. By 2050 there could be more plastic in the ocean than fish by weight.
The perfect gift for the person who has everything, this book written by Will McCallum (the campaigner at the forefront of the anti-plastic movement) provides an accessible guide to help you make the small changes that make a big difference, from buying a reusable coffee cup to running a clean-up at your local park or beach.
Tips on giving up plastic include:
- The key products to purchase to kick-start your journey towards eliminating single-use plastic products in your life
- How to replace your everyday bathroom products with products that don't harm the environment
- How to throw a plastic-free birthday party
- How to lobby your supermarket to remove unnecessary packaging
- How to convince others to join you in giving up plastic
Plastic is not going away without a fight. We need a movement made up of billions of individual acts, bringing people together from all backgrounds and all cultures, the ripples of which will be felt from the smallest village to the tallest skyscrapers. This is a call to arms - to join forces across the world and to end our dependence on plastic.
Publication Date: 18-06-2019
Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd